its best to protect personal information properly.
- Compliance with the law
JpGU strictly complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and laws and regulations related thereto
in treating personal information of its members or non-members.
- Collecting Personal Information
JpGU collects personal information only to the extent necessary to achieve its purposes in order to provide services along with this Union's business purposes.
In case of collecting personal information,
JpGU clarifies its purposes and in principle makes use of personal information pursuant to the intention of a person who provides it.
- Using Personal Information
JpGU uses personal information only to the extent necessary to achieve the following purposes:
- To deliver materials including Abstract CD Roms to those who have made abstract submission and JpGU Meeting Registration and also to
organize JpGU Meetings properly;
- To exchange information in each science section and other activities for this Union (It is restricted only to JpGU Members.);
- To organize Representative Election and manage this Union;(It is restricted only to JpGU Members' personal information.);
- To achieve other purposes related to this Union's businesses;
- JpGU may provide personal information to its Society Members to assist their activities.
Provided, however, that JpGU may provide or use personal information for other purpose than the above in case of
any of the followings:
Provision of Personal Information to Society Members
- Under the laws and regulations;
- Upon consent of a person who has provided his/her personal information;
- In case of outsourcing of handling of personal information in whole or in part only to the extent necessary to achieve its purposes.
(For example, informing names and addresses to a company outsourced for delivery of magazines.)
JpGU may provide the following data from among personal information controlled by it in order to support its Society Members.
For example, in case that one of Society Members manages its Fall Meeting by using this Union's abstract submission system. In this case,
JpGU manages and supervises the Society Member to treat personal information properly.
(Data JpGU may provide to its Society Members)
Management of Personal Information
- ID number
- Name (including in English)
- Affiliation (including in English)
JpGU tries to keep the data of personal information always updated and correct regardless of whether they relate to JpGU members or not.
JpGU takes appropriate preventive steps for personal information against leakage, destruction, falsification
Corresponding to the requests for disclosure, modification and suspension of use
and loss regardless of whether they relate to
JpGU members nor not.
Use of JpGU Website
- JpGU tries to take appropriate actions in case of requests for disclosure, modification and suspension of use of personal information it possesses in accordance
with the following policies under the provision of the laws and regulations.
- When a person concerned or his/her agent requests the notification of the purpose of use or the disclosure of his/her personal information,
JpGU immediately notifies or discloses in accordance with the prescribed procedure.
- When a person concerned or his/her agent requests the modification,
addition or deletion of the personal information (hereafter called 'Modification etc.'),
JpGU immediately makes Modification, etc in accordance with the prescribed procedure.
- When a person concerned or his/her agent requests the suspension of use or deletion of the personal information,
or suspension for offering the personal information to a third party (hereinafter called as 'Suspension of Use'),
JpGU makes the Suspension of Use in accordance with the prescribed procedure upon confirmation of the reason of the request.
- For further concrete procedures on your requests and documents and its fees necessary for these procedures,
please contact the secretariat shown below.
- For other opinions and demands on treatment of personal information, please contact the secretariat.
JpGU copes with them immediately and properly.
A user shall make use of the website provided by JpGU (hereinafter called 'Website') at its responsibility.
JpGU will not be responsible for any and all damage incurred by the user upon use of any information acquired on the Website and others linked to it.
Please be sure to confirm that this policy is subject to change without notice when the Act on the Protection of
Personal Information is revised or by other reasons. Modifications are to be released to the public through our Website,
unless it violates the laws and regulations or an intention of a person concerned.
In case you have opinions and questions about personal information protection in JpGU,
please contact the secretariat shown below.
Japan Geoscience Union, Secretariat Division
Tel:+81-3-6914-2080 Fax:+81-6914-2088 Email address:email@example.com
Office hours: From 10:00 to 17:00 JST (except for lunch break: 12:00 to 13:00 JST)
JpGU treats the personal information possessed on or before January 12, 2010, including personal information acquired before becoming a juridical person,
in the same way shown above.
Posted on September 1, 2006
Revised on December 7, 2009 and posted on January 12, 2010